Friday, May 11, 2007

It's a boy!



Yesterday (Thursday May 10th) we went for a 3D scan, which I gotta tell ya, is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. You can switch back and forth from 2D to 3D view and get all sorts of detail. Baby Coyle is quite the active little thing and didn't keep still for long, but was kind enough about 15 minutes in to give us a nice view of the goods. And as the scan operator put it, "Ah, yes, there's a nice bit of tackle there". The pictures look a little fuzzy because of the amount of fluid, as it's still relatively early in the pregnancy (20 weeks). They don't usually like to do the scans before 24 weeks because of the lack of muscle development, and fair play to them for not wanting to scare the first time parents with skeletal views of their precious cargo! But as you can see, our fella is pretty filled out! In the first pic, that's a bit of the umbilical cord across the left side of the photo and across the baby's cheek. The fuzziness is also because our little one likes to stick his nose up into the wall of the uterus, almost like pressing his face against the glass. It was fairly difficult to get a shot of him not all smushed. These are the best of the bunch (well, in my opinion anyway!). We think he's absolutely adorable (of course). We'll continue to keep you all updated...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's adorable! I think he has your husbands nose!

David Farrell said...

Hey Denise,

It's David Farrell, your old co-worker from Ashland! Well, now living it up in Maui.

Just got your blog link from Charley and wanted to stop by and say ...

CONGRATS ON THE BABY!

I love the pictures, I didn't know they could take those type of 3D images, wow!

Anyway, I hope life is great for you and your family.

Take Care

-Dave