Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving in Ireland

A lot has happened since the last post, and I have a lot of catching up to do, but for now - we had our own Thanksgiving dinner here in Gallagh. James and I cooked our first joint turkey, and may I say it was absolutely delicious. Along with it we had mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet corn, steamed brussel sprouts in tamari, olive oil and white wine vinegar, steamed cauliflower with white sauce, potato stuffing, sweet peas, and sweet potatoes with pecans and maple syrup. I think that's everything. The plates were full, anyway. For dessert there was sponge cake filled with fresh cream and jam. Eamonn chowed down on it all. He's getting more independent about eating, and wants to feed himself now. So we put food on spoons and hand them over. Kai and Cherie are convinced heaven has come to earth as food rains down...
We were still finishing dinner but Eamonn was done and starting to grump, so James had the great idea to give him a turkey bone. Here he is doing his best caveman:

No comments: