


Two Saturdays ago I took Eamonn to see his very first movie on the big screen, Toy Story 3, not realising that it was in 3-D. Whoops. Glasses, on a 2-coming-3 year old? For an hour and 40 minutes? Seriously? But I have to say, he was the best behaved boy in the cinema. Once we got the glasses comfortably on his face (there were some slipping issues at the first, but then he figured out to tilt his nose up slightly) I only had to adjust them twice the entire movie and he sat there and watched. The last 20 minutes he started to get a little fidgety, and I'm not sure if it's because he had to pee (he didn't, or should I say wouldn't until we got home) or because the end of the movie was kind of intense for a kid's flick. I was watching it hoping that it wouldn't give him nightmares, but I think it did, or at least made him want to crawl into bed with mommy and daddy.
After we got home, he and I were both a bit tired from the days adventures. I was lying on the couch and he came and lay with me, with his back to my stomach snuggled up against me. Then he turned to face me, took my face in both his little hands, and with that serious look on his face looked me straight in the eye and said, "I love you mommy" Good grief, I thought I was gonna melt into a huge puddle and burst into tears simultaneously! But I didn't want to scare the small child, so I held back the tears as best I could and said "I love you too, bug".
No comments:
Post a Comment