Thursday, August 4, 2011

P-p-p-puppy power!

The farm dogs, Meg and Mac, had a little sleep-over several weeks ago. Simon always wanted to get a pup out of Mac, as he is an exceptional sheep and cattle dog, equally good with both, which evidently can be hard to come by. One pup he wanted. They got 8. They're in a sheep trailer right now, and space is limited, so these aren't the best photos, but the best I could do under the circumstances:






Back when the discussions were on about getting the two dogs together, James and I talked about taking one of the pups if there was more than one. Obviously THAT is not a problem! I'm probably insane as well, because when we found out the number, I suggested we take two. Yeah, Denise - 3 kids under the age of 4 and 2 puppies - woohoo! But I just think the pup wouldn't be as lonely coming from such a large litter with a sibling for company. And much as I don't want to face facts, Kai is getting older. And she's slowed waaaaay down lately. It's unbelievable how much she's aged in what seems like a short time - such is the way with big dogs I guess, Leo was the same. She used to trot along with me as I walked to the end of our road and back, a 1.5 to 2 mile journey. Now she starts to lag behind after about 1/2 mile. Poor girl. I feel bad because she can't keep up, but she really loves to go so I can't leave her behind. Maybe I'll have to get a little wagon for her to jump into when she gets tired :)

No comments: