Monday, December 3, 2012

Wow...

Over a month without a post! Is that a new record? Ok, I know that Halloween is LONG past, but I finally got around to downloading some photos from my camera and found these:
And I'll bet now you're wondering - what gives? What exactly is Eamonn wearing? Well, I'll tell ya... the Friday before Halloween the kids are allowed to dress up at school. I find this out on the Friday before. So I ask Eamonn, "hey, what do you want to dress up as?" Thinking, oh he'll pop out with pirate or cowboy, something simple that I've already got the hat and bandana for and bam! we're set. No, he tells me he wants to be a dinosaur. A freakin' dinosaur. Do you have any idea how MUCH dinosaur costumes cost?!?! To buy or rent, about the same. More than I wanna spend on a costume for one day! How the hell am I gonna turn the kid into a DINOSAUR?!?!? Cue the fabulous internet, and one video from about.com later I was on the way to making my child into a dinosaur. It was my intention to give him some kind of claw-feet as well, but I kinda ran out of time as I have no sewing machine and had to do it all by hand... Incidentally, Eamonn was quite pleased with the final product. When I dropped him off at school, he was roaring and slashing his claws at a friend of his dressed as a pirate.

No comments: