Wednesday, April 18, 2007

checkup


We had a doctor's appointment last Wednesday, nothing special, just the usual suspects - blood pressure, urine, etc. But we did get to listen to the baby's heartbeat which was really cool. Good and strong too, sounded like a little shark up in there! But back to the urine thing (not to gross anyone out) - they didn't tell me that I was expected to bring my own sample along. Being pregnant though, I could guarantee him that it wouldn't be long before I could definitely produce one. I wish I had a picture of the size of the bottle they handed me. It was about an inch in diameter and about 3 1/2 inches long. I almost asked if it was the mens' bottle! I thought - no way am I ever gonna be able to do this. Have no fear however - all those years of peeing in random places when the womens' bathrooms were full paid off. Part of me wonders if the doctor was testing me. He seems to have quite the wicked sense of humor....
I officially do not fit in any of my old jeans/pants anymore. As you can see by the pic, the belly has begun. We'll be posting more pics along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to spoil my new lil cousin!!!