Saturday, November 17, 2007

Babies and critters...

The animals have all been so great with Eamonn. Whenever he's crying really hard (prompting me to give him the nickname Sir Screech-a-lot) both Kai and Cherie come over to see if they can comfort him. Kai licks his hand or cheek, whichever is available. Cherie purrs really loud and rubs her head on the top of his. And those of you who know Kai will not believe how hard she barks when someone comes to the door that she doesn't know. If I didn't know better, I'd think she was a vicious dog. She's become very protective of the little one. So far the only problem we've had, which isn't even really a problem, is that when James carries Eamonn in his seat into the horses' field, Kenni thinks he's a feed bucket and gets a little excited!
The other night it took a little while to settle Eamonn down for a nap, and I guess Cherie figured he needed extra protection that evening. Here she is in her position as "guard cat":

No comments: