Monday, March 24, 2008

More crawfish boilin'


Seems like every time we go to Louisiana there's a crawfish boil involved, this time it was on the occasion of my dad's 70th birthday. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I personally can eat loads of crawfish and not get sick of them because I don't get to do it very often. The last crawfish boil I couldn't eat as many as I usually do because I was pregnant. For those who do not know, crawfish make your ankles swell when you're pregnant. Alot. More than you would think possible. Now where exactly IS that ankle bone? I think I made up for it this time tho. I ate myself into oblivion and then ended up with about 20 pounds to peel to make etoufee, which was well worth the effort - thanks Mike!
Anyway, here's a little taste of what the crawcritters look like getting washed in the tub - don't get too close, they pinch. Hard!

No comments: