Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The 80's revisited

Eamonn loves when you sing to him, he always has. Maybe because when he was doin' time on the inside I would sing along with the ipod fairly often, still do. He's got his definite favorites that make him smile, some publicly acceptable (The ants go marching one by one hurrah... and for some reason, Alicia Keys' "No One", especially the "uh-oh-uh-oh-oh" part) and some not really publicly acceptable (do I really want to get caught out singing Flo-rida "Low" to my child?). He also really likes 80's music, no big surprise there I guess. But what might his favorite 80's tune be, you ask? Would it be one of his mom's favorites, say something from Depeche Mode? Yaz? The Go-Go's? Peter Gabriel? No, that would be too obvious. Eamonn has other ideas. His favorite, which I don't know WHY I started singing in the first place, is "Ice Ice Baby". And he won't be fooled by me trying to turn it into another of my picks, "Under Pressure", the Queen/David Bowie track that Vanilla Ice ripped. Nope, it's gotta be Vanilla all the way or nothing at all. I guess it could be worse - there's that whole boy band era that I'm going to completely avoid!
Anyway, in addition to Vanilla Ice, the boy is quite fond of his food. I took these photos of him destroying teething biscuit and banana. I was playing with the different settings on the camera, so you guys get lots of views!



No comments: