I guess I don't really give you guys much on the ho-hum day-to-day activities of Captain Eamonn (as my dad calls him). Typically he wakes somewhere between 7 and 8, usually closer to 7. He cruises around in his walker while I make coffee (don't even try to take that one away from me!) and then we share breakfast, usually toast and raisins. Well, he eats the raisins. Sort of. One of us finds them in the diaper later in the day. He only has two teeth! Well, actually now he's got most of four. The top two are finally coming down farther and hopefully the pain of them doing so will be over soon. He woke up screaming last night, inconsolable, arching backwards, nothing working, we ended up giving him the equivalent of baby tylenol and let him stay up to watch the rest of "Grey's Anatomy" and share mom's pizza. Back on track - he'll go for a nap around 2 hours after waking and sleep for about half an hour, and when he wakes he'll have brunch (did I mention he's got a great appetite?) Brunch is sometimes eggs, but mostly baby porridge (that's oatmeal to you yankees :) and fruit of some sort. Banana is always popular, but he also loves pear, strawberry, kiwi, blueberry, pretty much anything you put in his mouth. Sometimes breakfast is also his favorite snack - yogurt with hemp seeds. Go figure. I forgot to mention, when I make the coffee, I grind the beans and Eamonn has taken to "singing" along with the grinder (aah-aah-aah-aah). He does it with the washing machine as well, which has the loudest spin cycle that goes not once, not twice, but three times! Eamonn's great about entertaining himself, either in his walker, rolling around on the sheepskin on the floor, or in his buggy. I really appreciated that about him these last few weeks when I needed the time to study or write papers.
Here's something else Eamonn loves - shoes. Especially crocs. If he is anywhere near the ones you're wearing or have left within his grasp he will somehow manage to get them and start chewing on them. Sometimes you don't realize it until you that nyangh nyangh sound of rubber being manipulated. It really grosses me out and I don't "let" him do it, but he often gets a hold of them for a few seconds before I realize what's going on.
He doesn't crawl yet, but he's a master at rolling. He just rolls everywhere he wants to go. And I'm not talking about in his walker, on the floor! He'll just get a good roll going in the direction of whatever he's after and before you know it it's in his reach. He does push himself up on his hands and pull his legs under him a bit, but that quickly gets old and rolling is much more productive.
Eamonn has a thing for the remote controls. Here's he's got the satellite one:

We try to keep that one away, you can't leave the batteries out of it and when the baby is in control some really interesting channels pop up, ones you didn't even know you got! We can take the batteries out of the tv remote, so he gets that one instead. It currently looks like it's been attacked by rabid rottweilers.
By the time evening comes around it's bed and bath, sometimes the bath gets skipped especially if it's on a night when mom and dad have a rugby match. Eamonn generally falls asleep somewhere between 8 and 9, no he doesn't sleep through the night, but he only wakes once or twice now as opposed to every two hours when he was first born. And that is pretty much a day in the life of Eamonn!
No comments:
Post a Comment