Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ketchup!

The other night (ok, actually, it was about 2 weeks ago. I'm a little behind on the blog thing!) I wanted fried fish and chips, homemade of course. I'd gotten some hake from the fishmonger at the farmer's market and decided to give it a try. It was delicious, by the way. I don't know if you can get hake in the states, but if you can, do it! Eamonn loves fish and was happily chowing away on his share (he gets started eating before we do, patience NOT one of his strong suits) until James and I sat down to eat and squeezed ketchup onto our plates. Eamonn gave me those big doe eyes, looking at me like, "Hey, how come you get that stuff and I don't? And what is it? Is it good?" I dipped a chip (french fry) into the ketchup and handed it to him. He liked it. A lot. After that he kept handing me his chips to dip in for him before he would eat them. In the interest of actually getting a bite in myself, I put a little on his own plate. Even his peas went into the ketchup. Oh, well, as long as he eats them...
I took this video of him digging into the ketchup on his daddy's plate:

No comments: