Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Talk talk

Tomas is mad to start talking. His cooing and little noises are getting louder and longer, and I must say, sweeter. Last night I took him into the bedroom for bedtime - he's fairly good at letting you know when it's time, you can tell he wants to nurse but won't if he's still in the noise of the main room. Once he's in the bedroom though he usually gets right to it and falls asleep before long. This last week I've been putting him into his crib once he's asleep. Yes, he does spend SOME time in it! He still spends MOST of the night in our bed, but at least at the beginning of the night he's in his own. Anyway, last night I took him into the bedroom after goodnight kisses from daddy and big brother, got him ready to go and instead of latching on he just looked up at me with those big blue eyes and started to "talk" and give me the biggest sweetest smiles. He must have kept it up for a good 5 to 10 minutes. So we had a nice chat and quiet time and when he was ready he nursed himself to sleep.
I had the camera handy the other day when Tomas was "talking" with his daddy - he's even more vocal now, but here is a taste:

No comments: