Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Build an ark?

The big news here is the water, and lots of it. It's not about the rainfall here, it's more about the time lag. All the mountains, streams, rivers, fields and drainage that fall into the Shannon above us have left their mark on Lough Ree, and it just keeps coming up and up with no end in sight. We're still at home, and today is the first day that I didn't bring Eamonn to daycare. I could've gotten out (the postman got in!) but I just didn't feel comfortable going through it. The vehicles are parked up on high ground, there's a suitcase in the truck just in case. We're keeping an eye on things and if it starts coming up too quickly we'll hoof it out of here. Just thought I'd show you guys where we are right now - here's what the front of the house usually looks like, and, funny enough, when James took this picture we thought the water was high for that time of year!



And here's what it looked like this afternoon:

No comments: