Saturday, August 21, 2010

All the news that's fit to print

No pics, but tales to tell of what the boys are up to these days:

Eamonn - as most of you know, Eamonn is officially potty trained. In the last 3 weeks he's had only 2 minor accidents. One was because I couldn't find the bottom part of his frog potty in time. Tomas likes to carry it around and he'd hidden it from me, and by the time I found it Eamonn hadn't been able to hold it any more poor guy! He doesn't like to mess up his undies - scooby doo, toy story, trucks and Tomas the tank engine. Eamonn is talking a lot more, way more, pretty much non-stop during the waking hours. I have to admit, I'm guilty of tuning a lot of it out, or just saying "uh huh" most of the time. He likes repeating lines from his favourite movies. Top of the list at the moment is "Pit stop!" from Cars. He can take off his clothes by himself, and is learning to put on his shirts. He can even put on his undies by himself. Eamonn is more and more keen to help out around the house and garden, and especially likes watering the tomatoes. On the down side, he and Tomas have started fighting over toys. It's coming to the point where we have to have two or fights ensue. Tomas is no innocent bystander - he takes things from Eamonn on purpose when Eamonn isn't paying attention, then waits for the shouting to run away with it!
Tomas - he's everywhere at once it seems, and like his brother, he loves to be outside. Tomas is either really brave or really crazy though, and we've got to keep a pretty close eye on him. He's "talking" a good bit too, not much coherent except a mama, daddy or nana (banana) periodically. He sits at the table in his own chair next to his brother and eats with a fork. Well, most of the time he just kind of pushes the food around until he eventually picks it up with his fingers. He loves copying his big brother, so chair and fork it is!
I know there's lots more I wanted to put into this post, but I just can't recall at the moment... will post more later when it comes back to my addled brain!

No comments: