Eamonn's words are flying along, he's got so many now and is getting better at repeating words after you. Whenever we are in the car, you are sure to hear lots of "tractor!" "car! (which sounds more like cah-uhr)" "sheep!" "horse!", etc. At home it's "dog (or Kai)", "baby", "night-night", "water (more like wah-ruhr)", "ninner (dinner)", and so on...
The only downside to Eamonn picking up so many words is that, inevitably, he picks up the choice language as well. So sometimes he'll be playing away, pulling toys out and talking to them in a string of "car", "truck", "E-Oh (a see-and-say the plays Old MacDonald, the E-O is Eamonn's version of E-I-E-I-O)", "book", and then, out of nowhere, "fuck". We try not to react, but it's really hard sometimes and I swear he says it and looks straight at you to see if you're going to react. The other day he was playing with his tractor, banging it against the wall (a favorite game) over and over until it turned a bit and got stuck between the chair and the wall. At which point Eamonn started to say "stuck! stuck!". Then I guess that wasn't satisfying enough because next out of his mouth was "fucking car!" I'd say I don't know WHERE he gets it from but we all know that would be a bald-faced lie. Oh well, hopefully he doesn't share his new words with the daycare staff!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment