Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Louisiana visit

So I'm still doing lots of catch-up on the blog posts, in my ever-OCD desire to keep things in sequential order. After DC we flew down to Louisiana to visit the family and hang out for a while. One of the best things about visiting Louisiana at this time, other than family of course!, is crawfish season. And I was not disappointed! Jude and Phyllis hosted a fantastic crawfish boil for the whole family, with Eamonn getting his first memorable taste. He liked it. A lot. So much so that I was not getting to eat any after the first few peeled, so thank you Mom for coming to my rescue and peeling crawfish for Eamonn so that I could actually eat some! Needless to say, I'm a bit out of practice. I used to be way faster...

Scenes from the crawfish boil:






Eamonn was especially enamoured of Jude's "tractor" collection:




Tomas was more into chicken than crawfish. He was not into waiting for me to pull off pieces for him. He helped himself:



In the house after, Eamonn going for the grapes and Tomas for the coasters:


No comments: