Saturday, September 13, 2008

Luxembourg

After the seven hour journey to Trier, I didn't even realize we were in Luxembourg after less than two hours on the road - I thought we were just in some really cool city :) Luxembourg was definitely one of my favorites on the trip, it was such a nice place to walk around, have a coffee outdoors, people watch, window shop... We even stumbled across an outdoor festival in a square with a 10-piece mariachi band!
We walked everywhere, even all the way down to this park and back up:

It was a really hot day. We kept seeing people walking by with these delicious looking ice cream cones. Lucky for us we finally found a street vendor selling them - they were worth the wait.
Here's the boys posing on one of the ultra-high bridges - you definitely get a bit of vertigo looking down.

We got to meet up with some friends of James' who live in Luxembourg as well, we all had dinner at a great Italian place with the best pizza. Eamonn fell asleep :)
While we were away Eamonn learned to pull himself up holding on to furniture. James made this crash pad for him in our hotel:

He actually pulled himself up for the first time on the bidet in the room in Trier. Somehow, though, at the time I didn't think to get photographic evidence. All I thought about was whose bum had been on that last and how quickly I could get my son off of it!

No comments: